The COVID-19 pandemic generated changes in our lives, especially for the young generation. It is crucial to learn good everyday practices for containing health at an early age, to ensure the quality of life and psycho-physical health. S.N.A.T.C.H. project (Swimming and Nutrition as Tools for Containing Health - 101090652) co-financed by Erasmus Plus Sport, Small Scale Cooperation Partnerships, will be realised in 12 months (01/01/2023 – 30/12/2023). The project is addressed to children and youth with disabilities between the ages of 6 and 14. The main goal is to achieve well-being and stop the ageing process by introducing physical activity and a healthy diet. At the same time the project aims also to increase digital skills, contributing to the reduction of global warming with the use of organic and local food supply.
- To increase the quality of life and the development of socialisation and self-esteem of children and youth with disabilities by educating professional staff.
- To reduce stress and disease rate in children and youth with disabilities.
- To increase the number of informed and physically active population who care about their health and the environment.
- Analysis of scientific data and creation of State of Art.
- Development of educational programs and materials (handbook, exercises, videos) to educate coaches
- Development of an open-source web platform with all the materials free for download. It will contain online courses, relevant documents, educational materials, visual materials, and links to resources connected with the project results.
- S.N.A.T.C.H. pilot program based on educational materials and web platform. This activity it will involve 30 participants from the target group (trainers and volunteers) and 60 children and people with disability.
Kick of meeting was organized on 7th of February 2023 as online event. On meeting partners have shared the tasks and defined the activites, which have to be realized in next period. Partners has agreed to hold intermediate meeting in Rijeka in April 2023
Intermediate Meeting in Rijeka
The meeting took place at the Kantrida Pools, Rijeka, Croatia. The meeting was held on two days, April 6th and 7th, and was very concrete about the project objectives, future tasks and responsibilities. The content of the meeting was focused on WP1, achieved outputs and future tasks. Considering this is the first meeting in live, partners took time to meet each other, comment each delivered output, and discuss future outputs.
Meeting in Palermo
The meeting in Palermo will be organized in September 2023.
Project coordinator Msc. Paulina Perušina presented S.N.A.T.C.H project on Summer University organized by Tuzla University on 13th of July 2023. You can watch presentation here.